Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our first night!


We brought the babies home from the hospital yesterday! We have a co-sleeper for them to sleep in that's next to me. Tim brought them up one at a time ( i can't lift too much) and put them in the co-sleeper. Zane, our resident puker decided to spit up and freak himself and me out! Thank God we had the sucker (ball syringe) and were able to suck the formula out of his mouth. But, he had something stuck in his nose too. Our first successful bugger extraction! He didn't even mind having the sucker stuffed into his little nostril. Whew, first tragedy avoided! But....I was nervous the rest of the night so I didn't sleep much. Around the 3am feeding, Tim was changing Zane and he had pooped...BUT he was still pooping when Tim switched the diapers and all of a sudden Tim says "He just shat" and I look over and it's still coming out all over the changing pad cover!! I started to laugh uncontrollably and it still hurts my abdomen to laugh. Tim asks for help and I jump up to help him. He gets poop on his hand and freaks out. I grab Zane and clean the poop off the cover and Tim rushes to the bathroom to wash his hands. Oy! (I'm still laughing right now as I type this)

Later Zane peed himself and I had to go downstairs for a new gown and a new blanket. He did that twice! He also pooped again and Charlie followed his example and pooped around 5am. Wowzas! Boogies, poop, pee, outfit changes, spit up.....all on the first night?!?!? Really! Not sure if I should be worried about what might happen tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to parenthood! I've had many nights like that - can only imagine what it is like with 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy. let the fun begin! nate projectile vomited on his first night. i wanted to take him back to the hospital. seriously!

    ReplyDelete