Thursday, February 19, 2009

Twin Pregnancy Research

Since I had no idea I was having 2 babies I didn’t do any reading on it. I actually skipped those sections of the pregnancy websites that I came across, thinking that’s not me…..Well, now I had to go back and find all those links and see what new information I needed to learn. I was freaked that I went 12 weeks not knowing and how much harm did that cause. That fear only lasted a few hours and then I reminded myself that I was taking pretty good care of my body. Eating the right things, drinking my gallon of water a day(which is harder than it sounds), taking my vitamins, exercising, and eating my extra 300 calories a day.

So, what new information did I find out about being pregnant with 2 babies?

More calcium (1200 mg a day. That’s 4 glasses of milk. Gross, I don’t drink milk. But, I do eat cheese and cottage cheese and take a supplement)


Eat between 90 and 120 grams of protein. (That’s a lot of protein and since I don’t eat fish and can’t have lunch meat, and have to eat red meat fully cooked –nasty - this one is going to be hard to do.)


More iron (and more iron means more constipation – woo hoo!)


Gain 10 more pounds than I originally thought (between 35-45) I guess this one is good and bad :)


Eat 6 servings of fruit and veggies a day. Since the only thing I have a craving for is fruit, this one I can do!


Eat 600 more calories a day (This sounds awesome until you realize that 600 calories is very easy to eat. And they say to stay away from “empty calories” yeah, ok.)


The day I found out all this new info I went out to eat and had Fish and Chips. The babies LOVE Fish and Chips :P

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy...and twins!! Oh, you're in for a really fun ride...LOL!! I freaked too when I read all the foods I was supposed to eat and I hate milk, like you. I forced myself to drink chocolate milk though and that wasn't too bad. I ate a whole lotta pasta...and vanilla milkshakes (it helped with the acid reflux, at least that's the excuse I made).

    Seriously, though, twins are awesome!!! I've got 2 sets of twins and it's been amazing! One hell of a roller coaster ride but completely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont forget, the babies like Panda, Wendy's and every freaking chip in your closet since there are 8 open bags!

    DRINK YOUR WATER AND PEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and Tim! A couple of suggestions...
    1) Don't listen to all the horror stories people feel like they just need to tell you. My delivery was a breeze. I told my doctor I don't want to feel a thing, and I didn't! :)
    2) Take a fiber suplement. I just took some generic capsules. They made a huge difference.
    3) Also, I usually eat my steaks medium rare... I just don't understand the concept of well-done. Anyway, my doctor said I could do medium instead of fully cooked. So... maybe your doctor will let you slide in that area. Let's face it, you got to eat a lot, so it might as well taste good! : )

    I wish you all the best!

    Love,
    Kristen... Jennifer's daughter

    ReplyDelete