Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our 1st ultrasound


We had our first ultrasound yesterday. We went in to meet the technician and this is how the appointment went:

Technician “Hi, how are you both doing?”

Kara “Good, you?”


Tim “Good”

Technician “Are you having any issues with your pregnancy so far?”

Kara “Just the uterus stretching. That’s fun!”

Technician “ Yeah, that is fun :). Please lay down flat and we’ll get started. Tim, you can sit if you like” (He stood)

Technician “Is this your first ultrasound?”

Kara “Yes”

Technician “Um, You’re having 2 babies”

Kara “What?!?!?”

Tim” ….”

Technician “You’re having 2 babies!”

Kara “ Shit.”

Tim. “….”

Technician “I never get to surprise people! Are you ok?”

Kara “Fuck”

Tim “….”

Technician “ Are you guys ok?!?”

Kara “No.”

Tim “ It’s hot as fuck in here”

Technician “Ok, I’ll put the fan on”


Meanwhile, during this conversation we are both just staring at the big screen TV looking at our babies with our mouths open. Babies?! Are you kidding me?! I was actually glad that I could tell what I was looking at. I had flashbacks of Rachel on friends “I can’t see my baby!” You could see them very, very clearly. 2 sacs. 2 heads. 2 heartbeats. Shit.

Tim “This means 2 college funds “

Kara “This means 2 of everything. Fuck.”

Technician “This is great news you guys! Congrats!"

Technician “They look great. Everything is developing just as it should”

Kara “ Wow.”

Tim “ Shit. “

Kara “Our mother’s cursed us by teasing it was twins. We are no longer speaking to either of them. Ever. “

Tim “Yeah “

11 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful you are having twins! I know it has to be like the biggest shock ever, but I think it is going to turn out to be a wonderful blessing. Just don't name them like..Ike and Mike or something, that's just plain mean. I hope everything is going well! If you need help with anything tell Ted and I'm there in a heartbeat, I would love to help in any way possible!

    -Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad it's not eight; you could be on Dateline with Ann Curry and then back to the loony bin.

    Andi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my lord, I can just imagine the look on your face Kara when he said "babies". I know that you will manage this just like you do everything and it will be a breeze! Love ya! Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, 3 Tim's in the world will be a good thing!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WEE!!!! I think I was pretty shocked too.Twins wow wee.It will be great you guys will be just fine. I will help in any way, clean, paint... blue and pink what ever. All I can say is WoW! Love you guys (all four).

    ReplyDelete
  6. umm, now you have to change the title of your blog... dos in the oven! i still have no words and it has been 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,, i just got wind of this news! OMG!! i can't imagine the shock that must have come, when you were told! lol to tim.. nothin to say at first. lol and 3 Tims would be great, but on the flip side, Tim could be living with
    PMS x3!! carefull of your words Tim!! lol
    Rick was imprisoned with 3 girls.. so just ask him. anyway, there is nothing more heart filling, than to watch innocent new babes, as they learn and do something new, each and every day! Kara, just by reading your blog... you'll make a real good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will never forget the moment you and Tim stood at my front door with the ultrasound pictures and said "which baby would you like to see?" I always had a feeling you would have twins, I am thrilled beyond words. Love to all four of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats. Twins must be a surprise, but...it will work out ok.

    We are due in August...also a surprise, but only one.

    Hugs to you and your DH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That must have been quite the shock! I'm with ya though - I never wanted kids until I met my husband and now I'm about to be responsible for raising one. Eep! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our ultrasound tech didn't say anything *hearing pin drop. I knew I was staring at 2 of something, so I f'ing diagnosed myself! Even my husband said he could clearly see that it was 2. I asked, "Is that 2?", and she responded with, "Yeah, I thought my screen was split for a second". Needless to say, we switched doctors. The new ultrasound tech said, "You get to pay for 2 weddings!" when she told me I was having girls. Thanks - I was already tripping out because I was set on having boys. She also likes to say, "take me to your leader" (because the kids look like aliens), and put it in type on one of the pictures... seriously???

    ReplyDelete