Friday, March 27, 2009

People Suck

I know, I am always saying how much I hate people but it's true. Just when I think they are ok some stupid person opens up their mouth and says something to remind me why I hate people.

For example:

The stupid check out girl at Motherhood: So, you're carrying twins? (my mother told everyone in the store) They did tell you that you will be much bigger than if you were carrying one baby, right? So you should be fine with your bottoms, but you will need bigger shirts for later.

Me: Um, yes, I think I've figured that out.

The stupid check out girl at Motherhood: Do you work?

Me: (confused at her question) Yes.

The stupid bitch at Motherhood: Oh, because I notice that you are only buying casual clothes and I was just curious why you didn't get anything business attire.

Me: Well lucky for me I get to wear jeans and t-shirts to work (insert my fake smile).

The stupid bitch at Motherhood: Oh, that's great!

Even my mother wanted to reach across the counter and smack her.

~~~~~~

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and not really that big yet and I work with only 5 other people. All men. Well, boys is what I usually call them. The oldest one, who is married and has a few daughters actually said this to me last week:

Him: Wow, you're already waddling like you're pregnant

Me: Um, nope, my back is just hurting a little this morning.

Him: Oh! So, you've gained what? 15 pounds?

Me: Fuck you. (and I walked away)

See - stupid people everywhere. I wonder how they survive.

3 comments:

  1. Women who work at maternity stores seem to be EXTRA passive-aggressive.

    I don't know why.

    You'd think they'd realize that they're taking their lives in their hands messing with a bunch of pregnant women, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until your twins come. The comments about them are ridiculous at times. I had fraternal b/g twins and I always got the comment, oh, are they identical? If they decided to think before they said that they would see that one was a boy in blue with really dark hair and chubby and my daughter in pink was small fair and bald.Not looking identical to me.

    ReplyDelete