Thursday, June 4, 2009

And the fun begins!


Starting this week I have to go to the doctor twice a week to monitor the boys. Tuesday's to my doctors office for the Biophysical Profile(measures heart rate, movement, fluid, muscle tone and breathing) and Friday's to the hospital for the Non Stress Test. It's all very cool. Gotta love preventative medicine! I love that I don't have time to worry about them because I go so often, but I still worry every time I go that something will go wrong or be bad. Will the worry ever end?!?!


The other day, I drove myself completely insane worrying about having contractions. I wasn't even having any, but the books say that you should be paying attention to them. So, I laid on my side and kept my hand on my belly to see how many times in an hour it got hard. Problem is, when you push on the babies they push back so my belly got hard. I wasn't having any symptoms of ANYTHING, but I was driving myself out of my mind. I wanted to stab myself and get it over with! Tim isn't allowed to work until 9pm anymore. I can't be left alone that long with my own thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Kara, you look absolutely radiant! From that picture you would have a hard time fathoming that you are actually carrying twins!

    As for the worrying... it has only just begun:0 It actually seems that the more you know, the worse you worry. But worrying is also sometimes the best preparation for "anything" when it comes to being a parent, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to read a blog from another first- time-expecting-mom-of-twins! You're a few weeks ahead of me, so it will be great to hear about everything ahead of time (fun for me, not so much for you - sorry!).
    The description of your husband is hysterical - sounds almost exactly like I would describe my own.
    Anyway, just wanted to stop and say hello! Nice to "meet" you!! And good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete