Monday, April 6, 2009

Who says doctors aren't comedians?

I had my 19 week appt with the doc last week. My doctor, who has been my ob/ gyn for 15 years, thinks he’s funny too! Not only does he still laugh and say “twins!” when he sees me, he was looking at my weight gain and made this comment:

Doc: Try to watch the caloric beverage intake

Me: Um, I don’t drink anything that has calories

Doc: Oh, I was trying to be delicate and start with something easy

Me: It’s ok. I know. I gained 4 pounds in one week. It wasn’t juice. It was ribs, fish sticks, a hamburger and sweet potato french fries

He isn’t really concerned about my weight gain overall, just that I put on 10 pounds since last time I saw him. Come on, the babies got bigger too :) Plus, I was wearing more clothes this visit.
I had a hard time with the amount of calories I was told to consume for the babies. The 300 each. I panicked one week and thought I wasn’t eating enough. Obviously I was wrong! But, now I know and have been doing fine. Not gaining more than a pound a week if that. I’m still eating enough for the babies to get what they want, but not indulging in all the things I haven’t eaten in 8 years in a weeks time. Who says weight watchers doesn’t get in your head?

No comments:

Post a Comment