Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Maternity Shopping!


I finally went maternity clothes shopping. My mom and I made a day of it; shopping and lunch. We went to RA where I ate pretend sushi. I miss sushi! I miss saki too :) Anyway, then we were off shopping! This was the best day I've had shopping since I was a little girl (except the day I found my wedding dress). I tried on tons of clothes and wasn't the least bit upset if I had to ask for a larger size! Ususally that would make me cry. So what if I fit into an XL. I also fit into a L. Just depends on the fit and the store. I also realized that they make really, really ugly maternity shirts. What's with the bright, floral shit? It's just horrible. I stuck with black, white, and red and mostly just t shirts. I did buy a few dressy shirts just for fun. AND, I found a bikini top big enough to fit my F's and it has underwire. I was jumping up and down at Sears! I ended up with about 10 pair of pants and 4 or 5 shirts. I'm really excited to have clothes that fit my growing belly.


Thank you, MOM!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what's up with the giant floral prints for maternity clothes. I managed to stay in synch with what I wore before I was PG which was easy since I wear basic black and accessorize like crazy. What I recommend is DO NOT BUY SHOES. Unless your shoes no longer fit and you need to go up a size. Your feet will swell and by the end you'll be able to wear flip flops and nothing else until after the babies are born. The fabulous thing about being PG are the huge boobies - do not buy button-down tops! You will just outgrow them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting my blog. I wanted to send you to one that I read about being a mom to twins. the post I read was hilarious. its:
    raising-twins.blogspot.com

    there is this one post about the dumbest things people say to moms of twins that had me falling off my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara,

    I came across your blog from the "sense of humor" blog site... CONGRATS! On both the twins & the ability to stay out of maternity clothes for a while! I have to agree... some stupid mind (probably a man) thought that pregnant women would love the whole floral-maternal link. So unappealing, huh?!

    I work with babies/kids and have friends with everything from single babes to twins, triplets & quads. Though they'll be work, take solice knowing they'll have permanent playmates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Always exciting when you hit the maternity wear. I agree....never was fond of the shirts. I ended up hitting Target's Woman's dept. and just bought XL shirts. Old Navy use to have some cute tops as well. One of the previous comments was right on. Don't buy shoes unless they slip on cuz at the end you won't be able to bend over. I made it to 36 weeks with my twins and they were 7 lbs. a piece, so you can imagine the enormity of my belly. Bending over just wasn't happening.

    ReplyDelete