Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thoughts from my Grandfather

My mom made dinner for the family last week and I was kind of complaining that I had to eat my steak cooked all the way through. Ok, i was REALLY complaining about it. I very rarely eat red meat so when I do, I want it very pink. Well cooked beef just doesn't taste the same. But, I know that you can't eat rare beef when you are pregnant and I need the protein, so I ate it. I complained the entire time. My poor family. Anyway, my grandparents are visiting and were lucky enough to be a part of this dinner conversation. I must have said something about having 2 babies (yes, I'm still in shock), and my grandfather who is a very loving, sweet, spiritual, funny man had something to say. He said "Kara Mia, this is what I think, God has a plan for everyone and I believe that He gave you this blessing because he wasn't sure that you would ever go through this again". My grandfather is a very smart man!

2 comments:

  1. Kara Mia, Thank you for the beautiful blog-especially about the Spiritual inspired Grandpa.
    There are times when like the saying goes "out of the mouth of babes". The Holy Spirit gives someone a message that is in essence, short,sweet and to the point, beautiful and profound...It also makes the receiver dwell on it. In reality you came through like a champ. I love you, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, what a beautiful quote from Grandpa... and he has always called you Kara Mia from the day you were born... he truly has a direct connection and I am so gratefull that we all appreciate him in the here and now. So I think he is right about God giving you this blessing... two for the pain of one! the easiest baby we had was Jamie!!!!
    I love you and Tim and the "two in the oven" Aunt Judie

    ReplyDelete